Pages

Michelle Obama on her Fashion Style

First Lady Michelle Obama is loved for her classic sense of fashion as much as she loved for her social activism.

This Wednesday she appeared with Today’s Matt Laurer to discuss variety of topics ranging from her husband’s ongoing fight against child obesity and the fact that he has now quit smoking. And as the interview proceeded, came the topic of her sartorial decisions.

Michelle Obama H&M dress

Along with many designers such as Peter Pinto, Jason Wu, Isabel Toledo, First Lady also bought the fashion of wearing pearl strands and brooches back in vogue. On this particular occasion she was wearing a very feminine polka dress from a not so fancy named designer, but an just an off the rack H&M dress worth just $34.95.

When she was asked about the public fascination of her personal style, she said that she takes it as a compliment and she also explained, “It's not something I focus on ... Everybody's got to get dressed in the morning and put on something. I hope people find it nice, but it's not something I focus on.”

 

Obama said that it is practicality, more than anything that decides what she will be wearing, "It's really just sort of, how cold is it? Do I have to stand outside, and what am I going to use to cover my arms if I'm freezing so I'm not shivering while I have to give a speech? It's really stuff like that.”

1 comments:

fashion style trends said...

designs are simply amazing and remarkable.